Britt Berg, medical writer for Attain Fertility, will be joining Stephanie Himel-Nelson in managing the Attain Fertility Facebook page, offering support to our community and responding to your wall questions and private messages.
We’ve asked Britt to share a little bit about herself today.
Hi everyone! Britt here.
As you have probably heard, Jacqui will be taking some time off to care for her new baby (Congratulations Jacqui!) and I am now helping Stephanie over on the Attain Fertility Facebook page.
If you’ve been with Attain Fertility for a while, you may recognize my name and may have already been reading my articles and blog posts. Every day I feel super blessed to be doing the work I do. Here is a little background about me and what led me to become a writer specializing in infertility:
- I started working with Attain Fertility in 2010 and became lead medical writer and content manager for Attain Fertility in fall 2011. And I truly love my job!
- In 2009, I co-wrote the 2nd edition of Making a Baby, a book about infertility.
- I love holistic healing methods and used to be a yoga instructor (I still practice yoga almost every day).
- I majored in Women’s Studies with a focus on women’s health issues at Emory University.
- I completed a Master’s degree in counseling psychology with a focus on women’s health issues and worked as a therapist for several years.
- Since 1998, my writing has been published over a hundred times, including book chapters, peer-reviewed scientific journal articles, and health articles all over the Internet.
- I spent years working as a research project manager at Emory where I investigated health issues related to pregnancy, postpartum, and child development. My love of research and writing led me to my career as a medical writer.
My sincere hope is to help you find the support, information, and resources you need on your family-building journeys. So please let me know how I can help you. Whether it is medical information, emotional support, links to research studies, or anything else – I am more than happy to send some info your way.
I wish you all the best and I look forward to getting to know you all!